William Thomas Chadwick established his first business, Chadwicks Ltd at Talbot Place, Dublin in 1902 to supply builders merchants and the major building contractors with Irish produced and imported cement and plaster.
At this period all deliveries to Chadwicks' customers throughout Dublin city and county were by horse drawn vehicles. In the early days the firm owned three horses and carts but as business increased they added a fourth horse and cart and employed another driver. 1954 saw Chadwicks Ltd. under the direction of the chairman, Mr. Fintan Chadwick, move to an extensive new premises in Walkinstown and the addition of other lines, such as fire clay to their range of building products. In the same year manufacture of outdoor protective coatings and decorative products commenced.
Business expanded substantially throughout the early and mid sixties and in 1967 a branch was opened in Kilkenny. Following on the success of this branch, further stores were opened in the late sixties and seventies in prime locations in Dublin and large country towns.
Chadwicks is Ireland’s leading Builders Merchants and Home Improvement Specialist, offering customers a huge range of timber, building materials, plumbing and heating supplies. Chadwicks currently trades from 21 locations throughout Ireland.
Visit Chadwicks Website